Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Expectations, expectations

Its been a long time since I last spent time on my blog. This semester would probably be the most hectic one for me. Having to juggle so many things throughout this 12 weeks really pushed me beyond my limits. And just when I thought I could take a breather, exams are just in 3 weeks. However, though this course was really demanding, I have never once regretted taking it ever before. It certainly taught me many invaluable things that I know would last me a lifetime. More importantly, I am grateful to have Alvin, Vinod and Xi Xi as my team members. Having them with me through this whole journey, was what made me push on. I just can't ask for more and I thank you Brad, for blessing me with such great team members. (:

I will keep more of my reflections on this course and the OP for another time. Actually, the main point of this post, is to express my thoughts on an issue that Brad was talking about a few weeks ago, but I just couldn’t find the time to blog about. He said that conflicts through ineffective communication, usually arise due to the difference in expectations. I cannot help but agree more on that. For me, I feel that expectations are the root cause to every inter-personal conflict actually. More often than not, we always engage in conflicts due to occasions when people fall short of our expectations. Disappointments would then ensue. Hence, I came to a conclusion a few days ago, that when our expectations are lowered, we naturally become happier people. But then again, I can't help but rethink, that without expectations, people wouldn't progress at all. Expectations, whether a boon or a bane, is something that is just part and parcel of life. Too much or too little of something is never too good. I would say, the same goes for expectations too! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment